Adult Art Workshop | Textile Image Transfers
Saturday, August 12, 2023
10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Adult Art Workshops provide a space to explore mediums in art and different techniques for creating. Workshops are open to all experience levels and participants 14 years and older to explore new art-making skills.
This Adult Workshop finds inspiration in Form, Not Function: Quilt Art at the Carnegie and the array of techniques and processes in contemporary quilt art, including image transfers. In this workshop, you will learn textile image transfer techniques inspired by the quilts, including gel medium transfers, acrylic transfers, and solvent transfers! You will create your own quilt that we will pull across stretcher bars as a complete work of art that you can take home and hang on your walls.
The Carnegie will provide imagery. You are also welcome to bring your own.
Notes for bringing imagery:
- Your image transfers will create a 10 x 12” artwork. I recommend different size images.
- If you want to design a composition, plan like you would for a collage.
- You should reverse all images. Otherwise, they will be backwards!
- You should bring at least one high contrast black and white lines image for the solvent transfer.
- Carnegie cannot print images before or during the workshop.
If you have questions, please email art museum educator Sheridan Bishoff firstname.lastname@example.org.